Damer HousePhone: 050521850
It is unknown when exactly Damer House was built or by whom. Some records say that Lady Paisley of Golden grove built the house in the early 18th century but this is at the same time that the Damers owned the property.
The house is built in the Queen Anne style and its architecture is pre-Palladian which is becoming increasingly rare in Ireland. The architect is unknown but the house contains a magnificent central staircase, a carved stone doorway and some of the original mantels. In 1798 it was used as a military barracks with the wing being added in 1858. The house has been many things in the past century including a school and a sanatorium. The house is now part of the Roscrea Castle complex and houses many interesting exhibits.