Round Tower & Mills
The Round Tower stands to a height of 20 metres and may have originally been 26 metres high.
The circumference at the base is approximately 15 metres. There are three windows remaining in the drum. The east window which is the largest bears several carvings, one of them is is a single-masted ship, one is an axe and the third carving is of a belted cross. The earliest record of the tower states that it was struck by lightning in 1131. The Black Mills behind the Tower have been renovated and turned into a museum and visitor centre. On the opposite side of the road is the west gable of St Cronan’s 12th century romanesque church.